- The Musical Million: The Ruebush-Kieffer Company, Singing Schools, and the Birth of Southern Gospel
- From Virginia Chronicle, One Century Ago: Three Dailies & Four Weeklies Report the End of the Great War
- Carpetbagger or Reformer?
- A Talent at the Starting Gate: Nell Blaine and the Monocle
- Assembling The Digital Page: Team VNP Attends National Digital Newspaper Program Conference In DC
Tag Archives: articles
A common feature in old newspapers was the short article. The sort of thing that was likely passed around from newspaper to newspaper in order to fill their columns — often unattributed, undocumented, and possibly not even true but this is the stuff of legends. A common subject of these short articles was the humor of Abraham Lincoln. The articles were usually singular stories of an incident and Lincoln’s response to the situation. Here is a collection of such articles to entertain and enlighten you to the character and humor of our 16th President.