"Brief History of William Campbell High School [1951-1963]".
Zoom in to read each word clearly.
Some images may have writing in several directions. To rotate an image, hold down shift-Alt and use your mouse to spin the image so it is readable.
1951 Brief History of William Campbell High School-1963 In the fall of 1951, 251 students fro Brookneal, Gladys, and Naruna were enrolled as the first students of the new consolidated William Campbell High School. The total number of faculty members was sixteen. The building consisted of eleven classrooms, a library, an art room, a music room, the home economics department, a guidance room, a projection room, cafeteria, and offices. The elementary building, located to the right of the main building, completed the scene for the beginning of the history of William Campbell High School. the school located on Highway 501, Naruna, Virginia, was named for William Campbell, a general who distinguished himself of his heroism in the Battle of King's Mountain during the Revolutionary War. Today, twelve years later, William Campbell High School has an enrollment of 460 students and twenty-three faculty members. With the addition of a new wing, completed in 1961, the building now has five additional classrooms which include a laboratory room for science as well as one for language, and new rooms fro art, music, and English. During its history William Campbell has received recognition awards given the school in curricular and extra curricular activities. The Future Homemakers of America, organized in 1951, has been recognized as an outstanding chapter each of