History of Trinity United Methodist Church, Poquoson, Virginia: 1882-1982, Part 3 of 3.
Zoom in to read each word clearly.
Some images may have writing in several directions. To rotate an image, hold down shift-Alt and use your mouse to spin the image so it is readable.
The Trinity Messenger Excerpts - April 23, 1961...... This newsletter sent out by the Rev. Eugene Wright shows that many things at Trinity remain unchanged... Keith Goodson is still singing at weddings and Mrs. W. W. (Harriett) Forrest is still accompanying him and others. Mr. Harvey L. Brown united with Trinity by Profession of Faith.... John Aster Couch, son of Mr. & Mrs. Aster Couch received Baptism at the morning worship on Sunday, April 9th, 1961....along with Patrice Page Emerson, daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Sherwood C. Emerson and Keith Lawson Moore, son of Mr. & Mrs. Charles H. Moore. Sympathy was extended to the families of Dick Huggett, Elijah Insley, George Winder, Frank Huggett and Nicy Holloway, all of whom had died recently. Mrs. Gene (Edna) Barr, Mrs. Charles (Pauline) Leeper, and Mrs. Wiley (Louise) Downs were taking reservations for Wesleyan Service Guild events. remodeling began on the church school building - erected in 1931. M.Y.F. members were invited to gather with the pastor and his family one week, and with Miss Betty Taylor Forrest another week. Recent arrivals on the Trinity scene were noted: Eric Scott, son of Barbara and Paul Fay Holloway; Elmer Orva Jr. son of Gloria & Dr. Elmer Fisher; William Harvey, son of Elizabeth & W. K. Forrest. The Ladies' Circles of Trinity were meeting with Mrs. Annie Holloway, Mrs. Linell Quinn, Mrs. Jicy Graham and Mrs. Noami Hunt. The Fire Department Auxiliary was preparing a supper to benefit the Fire equipment and Rescue Squad. As usual, Trinity was lending its banquet tables and extra chairs. 71