30 ENLISTED RECORD AND REPORT OF SEPARATION HONORABLE DISCHARGE 23
1. Last name - First name - Middle initial Keiser Bernard L 2. Army serial no. 33 656 867 3. Grade Cpl 4. Arm of service INF 5. Component AUS 6. Organization Co I 157th Infantry 7. Date of Separation 8 NOV 45 8. Separation Center Ft Geo G Meade Md 9. Permanent address for mailing purposes Box 548 Waynesboro Va 10. Date of birth 27 Nov 14 11. Place of birth Waynesboro Va. 12. Address from which employment will be sought See 9 13. Color eyes Brown 14. Color hair Brown 15. Height 5'8" 16. Weight 150 lbs. 17. No.Depend. 2 18. Race White 19. Marital Status Married 20. U.S.Citizen Yes 21. Civilian occupation and no. Production Clerk II 1-18.66
Military History 22. Date of Induction 6 Sept 43 23. Date of enlistment [blank] 24. Date of entry into active service 27 Sept 43 25. Place of entry into service Roanoke Va.
Selective service data 26. Registered Yes X NO [BLANK] 27. Local S.S.Board no. 1 28. County and state Augusta Va 29. Home of address at time of entry into service Elm St Stratford Conn 30. Military occupational specialty and no. Radio Operator Low Speed 766 31. Military qualification and date (i.e., infantry, aviation and marksmanship badges, etc.) Combat Infantryman Badge Exp M-1 Rifle 32. Battles and campaigns G033WD45 Rome Arno Southern Franc Rhineland 33. Decorations and citations Good Conduct Medal w/ Clasp American Theater Service Ribbon European African Middle Eastern Service Ribbon World War II Victory Ribbon
34. Wounds received in action None 35. Latest immunization dates Smallpox Sep 43 Typhoid Oct 43 Tetanus Nov 43 Other (specify) Typ Jul 44 36. Service outside continental U.S. and return Date of Departure Destination Date of Arrival 13 Mar 44 Sicily 4 Apr 44 18 May 45 United States 30 May 45
37. Total length of service Continental Service - Years 0; Months 10; Days 24 Foreign Service - Years 1; Months 2; Days 18 38. Highest grade held Cpl 39. Prior service None 40. Reason and authority for separation Convenience of the Government RR 1-1 (Demobilization) AR 615 365 15 Dec 44 41. Service schools attended None 42. Education (Years) Grammar 7; High School 4; College 0
Pay Data 43. Longevity for pay purposes Years 2; Months 2; Days 3 44. Mustering out pay total $300.00; this payment $100.00 45. Soldier deposits 42.15 46. Travel pay $8.25 47. Total amount, name of disbursing office $353.04 QA Pearson Captain FD
Insurance Notice IMPORTANT If premium is not paid when due or within thirty-one days thereafter, insurance will lapse. Make checks or money orders payable to the Treasurer of the U.S. and forward to Collections Subdivision, Veterans Administration, Washington 25, D.C. 48. Kind of Insurance Nat. Serv. X U. S. Govt. [blank] None [blank]
49. How Paid Allotment X Direct to V.A. [blank]
50. Effective date of allotment discontinuance 31 Oct 45 51. Date of next premium due (one month after 50) 30 Nov 45 52. Premium due each month $7.00 53. Intention of veteran to Continue X Continue Only [blank] Discontinue [blank]
54. Right Thumb Print [thumbprint] 55. Remarks (This space for completion of above items or entry of other items specified in W.D. Directives) Lapel Button Issued No days lost under AW 107 ASR Score 65
56. Signature of person being separated Bernard L Keiser 57. Personnel officer (Type name, grade and organization - signature) CASSIE F LAURENCE 1ST LT WAC
WD AGO FORM 53 - 55 ] November 1944
This form supersedes all previous editions of WD AGO Forms 53 and 55 for enlisted persons entitled to an Honorable Discharge, which will not be used after receipt of this revision.
[STAMP] For convenience, a certificate of eligibility no. 40538 VARO has been issued by the veterans administration to be used for the future request of any guaranty or insurance benefit under [illegible] whom this separation paper was issued.