Difference between revisions of ".MjIxNzc.ODIwMjk"
m (Protected ".MjIxNzc.ODIwMjk" ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 09:15, 28 October 2020
6. The proposed additional tax on realty and tangible personal property would yield $724,533.98 a year for the counties and $266,663.31 for the cities - total $881,197.29.
7. It is purposed to apply this money exclusively to lengthening the terms and increasing the salaries of teachers in elementary schools.
8. The average length of school terms in Virginia to-day is 120 days in one and two-room schools in counties; 160 days in larger schools in counties and 177 days in city schools.
9. Should the 10 cent increase be voted the terms of all elementary schools in the country may be lengthened 21 days.
10. The average annual salary paid white teachers of all grades in counties is $293.19; in cities $661.98 - State at large, $352.