Difference between revisions of ".MjkwMDM.MTAwNjMx"
m (Protected ".MjkwMDM.MTAwNjMx" ([Edit=Allow only administrators] (indefinite)))
Latest revision as of 17:20, 3 December 2020
3 The President Directors and Company of the Bank and others. Against } In chancery Edward Sheehy Bridget McLaughlin & others.
The deposition of John Lawson, Alexander Moore, and Cassius F. Lee taken by consent of Plaintiffs and Defendants given by counsel who attended on the eighth day of June in the year 1842 at the Court House in the town of Alexandria before a Justice of the Peace.
Questions to John Lawson by plffs counsel
1. Were you called on by the defendant Bridget McLaughlin after the death of her father Edward McLaughlin to aid her in finding a purchaser for some negro slaves which were the property of the said Edward? If yes, say when and what you did and all that you know as to any offer made to you for their purchase.
2. How many negroes did you agree to sell, and what sum was offered by any purchaser for them?
3. Did you inform Bridget McLaughlin of this and what was her reply?
4. What has become of these negroes?
Questions to Alexander Moore, by plffs' counsel.
1. Was Edward Sheehy as administrator of Edward McLaughlin required by the Orphans Court of Alexandria to sell the personal estate of Edward McLaughlin?
2. Did Edward Sheehy sell the personal estate according to the order of the court? Has he settled